Denmark Car Rental
Denmark Car Rental Locations
Explore unique attractions in Denmark like the Tivoli Gardens, Nyhavn Harbor, and the Copenhagen Zoo at your own pace with a rental car from Enterprise.
How do I rent a car in Denmark?
In order to rent a car in Denmark, you will need the following:
- A driver's license that has been held for at least one year.
- A major credit card in your name.
- International renters must provide a valid passport.
- If your driver's license is not written in Danish or English, you will also need to present an international driver's license.
How old do you have to be to rent a car in Denmark?
All renters and additional drivers must be 19 years or older and have held a driver's license for at least one year. A young driver surcharge will be applied to drivers under the age of 25, which is 125 DKK per day up to a maximum of 1250 DKK per rental. Renters between the ages of 19 - 24 may rent all car groups except Standard Van, Fullsize, Premium, and Luxury categories.
What is the cost of a rental car in Denmark?
To get the most accurate price for your rental car, start a reservation by inputting the dates, times, and location. There are several factors to consider:
- Type of car
- Additional insurance and protection products included in reservation
- Other add-ons such as Wi-fi access, GPS, child seats, and ski racks
- Whether the car is picked up and dropped off at the same location or domestic one-way
- Number of additional drivers
How do I pay for road tolls in my rental car?
Although there are no toll roads in Denmark, there are two bridges that require you to pay a toll. You can purchase a toll pass device when you get to the Enterprise rental counter to pick up your car. This device can be used for return travel on Øresundsdbroen (between Denmark and Sweden) and Storebældsbroen (between Sjælland and Fyn in Denmark).
Tips for driving in Denmark
Be sure to read the following driving information before driving throughout Denmark:
- Headlights must be on at all times, day or night.
- It is prohibited to use a cell phone while driving in Denmark. Handsfree use is permitted, but the handsfree system must be built into the vehicle you are driving. Headsets are not permitted.
- If you want to park your car somewhere for the entire day, municipal or private car lots are recommended over street parking.
- Only use your horn in the case of an emergency.