WHAT ARE YOUR AGE REQUIREMENTS FOR RENTING IN THE US AND CANADA?
The minimum age to rent a vehicle with Enterprise is 21 throughout the U.S. and Canada. There are a few exceptions to this rule.
- Any U.S. government employee can rent at 18 years of age but must show the rental location his or her official orders.
- In the U.S., the minimum age to rent a car in Michigan and New York is 18.
Young Driver Fees
Renters 21-24 could incur young driver fees associated with their rental.
- In Michigan, any driver 18-20 years of age will be charged an additional 'Young Renter Fee' of $40.00 per day, while any driver 21-24 years of age will be charged an additional 'Young Renter Fee' of $19.00 per day.
- In New York, any driver 18-20 years of age will be charged an additional 'Young Renter Fee' of $64.50 per day, while any driver 21-24 years of age will be charged an additional 'Young Renter Fee' of $24.50 per day.
All other renters under 25 will be required to pay a “young renter fee.” The average cost is approximately $25.00 per day but can be higher or lower based on the rental location. Start a reservation to determine how much your fee will cost.
What Do I Need to Rent a Car Under 25?
Here are some of the things you’ll need to rent a car from Enterprise if you’re under 25:
- To be at least 21 years old (unless renting in NY, MI, AL or NE)
- A valid driver’s license with a photo
- A valid debit or credit card. Some Enterprise location may require a credit card.
- Renters 21 through 24 years of age may be restricted to specific car classes. Please see exceptions below.
Learn more about how to rent a car.
Car Rental Options for Under 25
At most locations, young renters between the ages of 21-24 may rent the following vehicle classes: Economy cars, Compact cars, Intermediate cars, Standard cars and Full Size cars; Cargo vans and Minivans; Pickup Trucks; and Compact SUVs, Small SUVs and Standard SUVs with seating up to 5 passengers.
Have more questions? Go Back to Full List of FAQs