Mileage Reimbursement vs. Car Rental Calculator
Businesses are recognizing many benefits of renting a car instead of using employees’ personal vehicles when they need to travel for work, including:
- Save money by renting vehicles (often at discounted corporate rates) instead of paying for mileage reimbursement.
- Reducing insurance and liability risk for employees.
- Providing reliable, late-model vehicles with modern safety features.
- Representing your company’s brand with professionalism. When your employees rent a vehicle from Enterprise or National, you can be confident their rental vehicles will be clean and damage-free.
Calculate how much you can save by renting a car instead of being reimbursed for kilometers driven by filling out the reservation form below.
How To Use Our Mileage Reimbursement Calculator
Complete required fields based on the travel event being considered. Once all the values have been entered, click ‘Continue’. The tool will calculate the costs for both renting from Enterprise and determining employee allowance. The more cost-effective method will be highlighted.
- Travel distance: The total round trip kilometers by car for the travel event. To map out your travel, try using Google Maps.
- Cost of fuel: The current price per gallon for fuel. Find current fuel rates with help from the Canadian Automobile Association (CAA).
- Allowance: An allowance determined by the Canada Revenue Agency (CRA) that repays a taxpayer for expenses incurred while carrying out the duties of employment. An allowance can be calculated based on distance, time or something else, such as a motor vehicle allowance using the distance driven or a meal allowance using the type and number of meals per day. The current rate can be found on the CRA website.
Other Business Travel Offerings
Travel Management Tool EHIDirect
Complimentary travel management tool allows you to book/manage rental car, air, hotel & travel expenses.
Entertainment and VIP Car Rental
Car rental for production needs - from high-performance exotics, and specific make and models, to box trucks, and SUV fleets.