Hungary Car Rental
Hungary Car Rental Locations
With many unique attractions such as Buda Castle, the Danube River, and Sopron, Hungary is a popular destination with tourists and business travelers alike. Whether you’re visiting for a few days or staying for a month or more, a rental car from Enterprise will allow you to travel at your own pace.
How can I rent a car in Hungary?
In order to drive a rental car in Hungary, you will need:
- A valid international driver's license that has been held for at least 1 year.
- A valid passport, or an ID card for EU citizens.
What are the age requirements for renting a car in Hungary?
The minimum age to rent a car in Hungary is 21 years old. Drivers under the age of 25 can only rent Mini, Economy, Compact, and Intermediate car groups. A young driver surcharge of 8.89 EUR per day will apply, up to a maximum of 88.90 EUR.
Can I rent a car at one location and return it somewhere else?
One-way car rentals are currently not available in Hungary. You must return your rental car to the same location you picked it up from. Start a reservation in the booking widget above.
How much does a rental car cost in Hungary?
To get the most accurate price for your rental car, start a reservation by inputting the dates, times, and location. There are several factors to consider:
- Type of car
- Additional insurance and protection products included in reservation
- Other add-ons such as Wi-fi access, GPS, child seats, and ski racks
- Whether the car is picked up and dropped off at the same location or domestic one-way
- Number of additional drivers
Tips for driving in Hungary
Keeping the following info in mind while driving in Hungary will ensure a safe and fun trip:
- It is illegal to turn right on a red light in Hungary, even if traffic is clear.
- Honking your horn is prohibited in the city unless there is an emergency.
- The emergency Hungarian phone number is 112.
- Headlights must be on during the day and at night.
- Speed limits are strictly enforced. If you are pulled over and ticketed, you may have to pay the fine on the spot.