With such a rich cultural heritage, Spain has a lot to offer road trip enthusiasts. Explore its spectacular history and bustling cities at your own pace with a rental car.
- Madrid – the heart of Spain. The capital is a mix of fascinating culture, delicious gastronomy, up-to-the-minute innovation and absorbing history. Madrid enjoys excellent road connections to the rest of Spain, including the A-3, M-23 and M-30 highways, and is a great place to start your trip.
- Barcelona – the “jewel of the Mediterranean” and the second-largest city in Spain. Just an hour's drive from the city, you can reach the world-famous mountain range of Montserrat. The city of Girona is found only 1.5 hours north of Barcelona.
- Málaga is another beautiful destination with endless sight-seeing opportunities around it. Only two hours away, you’ll find Granada – the sprawling foothills of the Sierra Nevada mountain and stunning examples of medieval architecture
- Mallorca – one of the world’s most beautiful islands and the center of popular attractions including Manacor, Ibiza or Formentera. You can fly into Palma de Mallorca airport from anywhere in Europe, or take a ferry from Barcelona or Valencia to the island.
We have branches conveniently located in both international and domestic airport terminals across Spain including Adolfo Suárez Madrid-Barajas (MAD), Barcelona- El Part (BCN), and Palma De Mallorca (PMI) among many others. There are also over 100 neighborhood locations for visitors looking to explore cities and countryside.
To rent a vehicle in Spain, the minimum age is 21. Drivers must be over 25 to rent the following: multi purpose vehicles, also known as a "people carriers" (similar to a minivan/crossover), premium vehicles/exotic cars, vans and 4x4 vehicles.
You will need the following items to rent a car in Spain:
- A valid driving license that’s been held for at least one year
- Valid ID (like a Passport or state-issued photo ID)
- An International Driving Permit (IDP)
- Proof of residency (like a rental lease or utility bill), International travelers only
When renting a car in Spain, the legally-required third-party insurance and a damage waiver are included in the cost of your rental. You have the option to purchase additional protection products to reduce the excess further to give you peace of mind. For complete information, please start a reservation above.
One-way car rentals are allowed only within mainland Spain. Customers wishing to return a vehicle to a different location in Spain will be subject to additional charges. Start a reservation to find more detailed one-way rental car policies.
- Speed limits are strictly enforced.
- The use of turn signals is strictly enforced by police.
- If traffic suddenly slows, use your hazard lights to warn drivers behind you.
- Avoid honking a horn at night in urban areas. Horns should only be used in an emergency.
- Wearing your seat belt is mandatory no matter where you sit.
Check out our Spain Driving Tips for additional information that will help you make the most of your visit to this great and scenic country.