Can I Add an Additional Driver to My Rental Car? (US and Canada)
Yes, additional drivers are allowed, if the following criteria are met:
- All additional drivers must:
- Meet all age requirements
- Appear at the rental counter with the primary renter
- Present a valid driver's license
- An additional daily fee may apply for additional drivers.
How much is the fee for an additional driver?
This fee varies by region, but typically averages $15.00 per day per additional driver and applies to any additional driver except the following:
- There is no additional driver fee in the US or Canada for authorized drivers. Authorized drivers would be a spouse or domestic partner (either same or opposite sex), or for one surrogate driver for a mobility impaired renter who meets the location's rental requirements.
- Note: State law in California, Illinois, Missouri, Nevada, Oregon and Wisconsin allows a spouse to be an automatic authorized driver provided they meet minimum age and driver's license requirements.
In order to determine the exact fee, you will need to select a location and the dates for your rental on enterprise.com.